Focused Issue on Targeted Systemic Therapies for Primary and Metastatic Brain Tumors
This focused issue on “Targeted Systemic Therapies for Primary and Metastatic Brain Tumors” is edited by Dr. Jon Glass, from Departments of Neurology and Neurological Surgery; Vickie and Jack Farber Institute for Neuroscience and Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
Jon Glass, MD is Professor of Neurology and Neurological Surgery and division chief for Neuro-Oncology in the Department of Neurology at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA. He is the multidisciplinary group leader for CNS tumors in the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center. Dr. Glass received his undergraduate degree from Brandeis University and his MD from the University of New York-Downstate Medical Center. He underwent postgraduate training at Kings County Hospital (Internal Medicine), Boston University Medical Center (Neurology) and Massachusetts General Hospital (Neuro-Oncology). Dr. Glass has primary interests in primary central nervous system/vitreoretinal lymphoma, targeted therapeutics for CNS lymphoma (with special interest in microenvironment), targeted therapies for brain metastases with or without concurrent radiation, clinical trials for gliomas, community-based neuro-oncology and computational medicine.
Focused issue outline:
- Introduction to this focused issue
- Targeted radiation for primary brain tumors
- Targeted therapies for glioblastoma
- Targeted therapies for primary CNS lymphoma
- Surgical targeting of primary brain tumors
- Targeted therapies for brain metastases
- Targeted therapies for PNETs
- Targeted therapies for meningioma
- Targeted therapies for cranial base tumors
- Editorial and summary