This focused issue on “Targeting the DNA Damaging Pathway: PARPi and Beyond” is edited by Dr. Shaheenah Dawood, from Department of Medical Oncology, Mediclinic City Hospital, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Dubai Health Care City, Dubai, U.A.E.
Dr. Shaheenah Dawood is the Head of Medical Oncology and the Head of the Breast Cancer Program at Dubai Hospital in the United Arab Emirates. Dr. Dawood completed her M.B.B.Ch at Dubai Medical College in 1998 and a Master of Public Health degree at the Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA in 2008. Dr. Dawood is a member of various professional organizations, including the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Association of Cancer Research, the Canadian Association of Medical Oncologists, the Emirates Medical Association, and the Inﬂammatory Breast Cancer Research Group.
Focused issue outline:
- Introduction to this focused issue
- BRCA sequencing of tumors: understanding implications on the community
- Snap shot view of BRCA in the Middle East
- Snap shot view of BRCA in India
- Snap shot view of BRCA in Singapore
- Snap shot view of BRCA in Hong Kong
- Targeting the DNA damage response pathway – PARPi and beyond
- Tumor agnostic and combination strategies of PARPi
- PARPi and immunotherapy: going beyond synthetic lethality
- Integrating BRCA mutations into the management of gynecological malignancies
- Integrating PARP inhibitors into the management of breast cancer: where are we?
- BRCA mutations as an emerging biomarker in GI malignancies
- Germline mutations and GU malignancies: Is it time to change treatment algorithms?
- Buidling a telegnetic program for the community
- Precision oncology in 2019: integrating germline and somatic mutations
- Snap shot view of BRCA in China