I. Craig Henderson (Figure 1), MD, is Adjunct Professor, Department of Medicine (Hematology/Oncology), University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA. He is also past chair of Oncologic Drug Advisory Committee for the American Food and Drug Administration.
During the 2016 China-America Summit Forum on Breast Cancer in Guangzhou, China, Prof. Henderson gave an important speech on the advancement of triple negative breast cancer. After his speech, we were honored to meet Prof. Henderson and invited him for a brief interview to share his opinions on the major advancements on the management of triple negative breast cancer in recent years, to briefly introduce the latest development of drug in terms of breast cancer, and share with us the hot spots of the 2016 ASCO in breast cancer.
The followings are the interview question:
- You give an important speech on the advancement of triple negative breast cancer. What are the major advancements on the management of this disease in recent years?
- As the principle investigator of the clinical trial establishing the value of paclitaxel as a treatment for early breast cancer, could you briefly introduce the main mechanism?
- As the past Chair of Oncologic Drug Advisory Committee for the America FDA, could you introduce the latest development of drug in terms of breast cancer?
- What do you think are the hot spots of this year’s ASCO in breast cancer?
- What fascinate you most of your work?
For more details about this interview, readers can refer to the following video (Figure 2).
Conflicts of Interest: The author has no conflicts of interest to declare.
- Ye LL. Professor I. Craig Henderson: triple negative breast cancer is most chemo-sensitive of all subtypes of cancer. Asvide 2016;3:499. Available online: http://www.asvide.com/articles/1274
(Science Editor: Lucille L. Ye, CCO, firstname.lastname@example.org)