In August 2016, Chinese Clinical Oncology (CCO) has been selected for coverage in the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), which is a new index in the Web of Science™ Core Collection. Indexing in ESCI, CCO will be searchable, discoverable and citable in the Web of Science™ Core Collection with no Journal Impact Factor.
This inclusion is an important landmark of CCO journal in its 5th year of publication.
Since its launch in 2012, CCO has been proactively involving in establishing the high quality journal standards, rigorous editorial review and rapid turnaround with the continuous support and tremendous effort from our distinguishing editorial broad members, guest editors, authors, reviewers, readers as well as the editorial office.
The publication of CCO is driven by the leadership and passion of Editors-in-Chief Shukui Qin, Jiade J. Lu, Charles M. Balch and Associate Editor-in-Chief, Ghassan Abou-Alfa and Associate Editors, Daniel G. Haller and Daniel J. Sargent. They devote their time and bring their decades of experience in scientific research and publications for managing this journal.
As a forum for the dissemination articles in English in the field of clinical oncology dedicated to translating the latest research developments into best multimodality practice, which is endorsed by Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology (CSCO), CCO has currently published 18 issues with high quality publications from over 26 countries. CCO is providing another venue for high quality publications based upon the impressive expansive of research activities in China and has attracted excellent publications from clinicians and investigators throughout the world, especially Asia, the United State and Europe. CCO also makes great efforts on the focused issues, which has all papers in one issue in one specific topic. Till now, the following 11 outstanding focused issues have been published:
- Vol 5, No 4 (August 2016): Proton Therapy Guest Editor: Minesh Mehta
- Vol 5, No 3 (June 2016): Multidisciplinary Management of Breast Cancer Guest Editors: Charles M. Balch, Ning Liao, Kelly K. Hunt;
- Vol 5, No 2 (April 2016): Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Guest Editors: Joseph Wee, Yoke-Lim Soong, Melvin Chua;
- Vol 4, No 4 (December 2015): Lung Cancer Guest Editors: Jean-Pierre Armand and Liya Ju;
- Vol 4, No 3 (September 2015): biomarker-based clinical trial designs in oncology Guest Editors: Daniel Sargent, Sumithra Mandrekar and Axel Grothey;
- Vol 4, No 2 (June 2015): Brain Metastases Guest Editors: Michael Weller, Matthias Preusser;
- Vol 4, No 1 (March 2015): Lymphoma Guest Editors: Bruce D. Cheson and Jun Zhu;
- Vol 3, No 3 (September 2014): Systemic Treatment of Cutaneous and Mucosal Melanoma Guest Editors: Sanjiv S. Agarwala, Jun Guo, Antonio C. Buzaid;
- Vol 3, No 2 (June 2014): The Changing World of Drug Development Guest Editor: Christian Dittrich;
- Vol 2, No 4 (December 2013): Hepatocellular carcinoma Guest Editor: Ghassan K. Abou-Alfa;
- Vol 2, No 2 (June 2013): Colorectal Cancer Issue Guest Editor: Daniel G. Haller;
Before coverage in ESCI, CCO is indexed and covered by PubMed/MEDLINE, Google Scholar, Medscape and MDlinx. Step by step, CCO are moving forward. It is very hopefully that CCO will become a large and competitive arena for high quality articles and will develop into an influential publication in short term with all the support. We highly encourage you to submit your manuscripts to CCO and find the articles in CCO interesting and useful.
Conflicts of Interest: The author has no conflicts of interest to declare.